Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Writer's Sonnet

Left Brain Right Brain

My office is a hideaway of sorts.
I go there to create lit when I can.
To steal a chunk of time from pending chores,
Crossing to left brain, twists of plot to plan.
But interruptions follow me inside,
Which make it hard to hunker down and work,
And when the day is done I can't abide
The paltry pile of output for my book.
I tell myself I had to pay that bill,
I toss and turn and wonder why I pro-
Crastinate? Failed procedure, quill or will?
But should I write by night like E. A. Poe?
Dawn comes. I rise and, fresh, seek out my muse.
My right brain grasps the fact 'tis I who chose.




Creative Commons License
RussellWrites Blog by http://russellwrites.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghostly Tidewater Trilogy

Survey: Science Literacy for Women

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Buy my coming-of-age novel, DEED SO, in paperback.

Buy my 'cozy thriller' mystery, A POINTED DEATH

Buy my children's book, Buddy's Tail, for ages 9 and up.


Deed So Web Site

Mystery Series Web Site

Mystery Series Web Site
A POINTED DEATH, the first book in the Pointer Mystery Series

Buddy's Tail Web Site